"Open Educational Resources are teaching, learning, and research resources that reside in the public domain or have been released under an intellectual property license that permits their free use and repurposing by others. OER include full courses, course materials, modules, textbooks, streaming videos, tests, software, and any other tools, materials, or techniques used to support access to knowledge." (William and Flora Hewlett Foundation)
This guide introduces OER and provides information and resources that may help readers:
- Learn more about OER and related outcomes and opportunities
- Find and consider OER for use in academic course instruction.
- Share and learn about OER adoptions by CSU faculty and instructors.
- Identify avenues and support for authoring and publishing OER.
- Navigate copyright and licensing when using or creating OER.
- Access a growing body of research concerning OER.
- Advocate for the adoption of OER.
- Identify resources for students who are interested in OER.